The course is designed to provide software quality assurance and testing professionals with the knowledge necessary to develop your mobile testing strategy. At its core is an in-depth review of the different types of mobile testing, their applicability to different types of mobile testing projects, the ways to carry them out, and the tools that might help. The class also addresses two especially challenging issues: building a mobile test lab and developing your mobile test team.
Participants will learn:
- How do different types of testing apply to mobile platforms
- What are the criteria that will help you decide which types of testing are relevant to your project
- How to build your mobile test lab
- How to develop your mobile test team
What the course is about
Impact on the testing approach
- Scope: what do we cover in depth, what do we glance over, what we do not cover
- Goals: what will we learn
- Administrative items
Mobile testing lab
- Functionality: how to test location sensitivity, orientation, real-time updates, etc. unique aspects
- Performance: endurance testing and beyond
- Compatibility: hardware and software
- Usability: size, lighting, conditions of use, etc. do matter
- Security: lost/stolen phones, memory freeze and "Remember Me," etc.
- Interoperability: crucial chain in the enterprise link
- Survivability and Recovery: testing for battery, reception, GPS loss, etc.
- User acceptance: when, where, and who will do it
- Production monitoring: what happens after release
Mobile Testing Team
- Rent or build?
- The skillset of mobile test engineer
- Finding mobile testers
- Training your team